Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

911 Custom widget areas not displaying suddenly

Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:20 PM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
Exclamation 911 Custom widget areas not displaying suddenly

Hi there,

All of a sudden my custom widget areas no longer display on www.havendesignstudio.co.
I have several custom widget areas set up for the logo image and navigation bar, and the footer. They were working correctly when I set everything up (couple of months ago), but all of a sudden they no longer appear. I have been on the phone with my host for over an hour and they have exhausted any possibilities for what's causing the error on their end. I have disabled and enabled plugins one by one, and nothing is working to make the widgets appear. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by crashley1784; Sep 14, 2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 05:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you updated Atahualpa to 3.7.24 there was a one time change decree by the theme review team which caused all widgets to be removed from thier location. If you go to the widget option you should see all the widgets in the 'Inactive Widgets area. You just need to drag them back to their widget areas and you will be fine from now on.

if this is not the case then something else is going on and the question becomes what changed recently?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 01:22 PM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
Hi there,
Sorry for the delay in my response. I have dragged the inactive widgets back to their original areas, but they are still not displaying. The answer to your question is nothing has changed - no one has done anything to the website. I hadn't even logged in to the backend in a while. One day they were there, and the next day they were gone. Should I send you login credentials so you can take a look? Pretty please?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 04:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
All fixed. After poking around for a bit, I went to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA and hit 'Save' and that fxed it.