Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Excerpts is creating incorrect links

Old Apr 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
jonbenya

4 posts · Apr 2010
I'm having a spot of trouble with excerpts, and I just noticed it today. In configure excerpts, custom and read more in theme options, here's the code I'm using:

HTML Code:
<p>Continue reading <a href="%permalink%">%title%</a></p>
unfortunately, the read more link is identical for every single post on the page. It's taking the link from the post at the top and using it for every "read more" excerpt link. How do I fix this?

http://somdexpert.com
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
It works fine for me. what do you have set at dashboard->settings->permalinks?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:33 PM
jonbenya

4 posts · Apr 2010
I'm using WP 2.9.2 and AT 3.4.6

my permalinks are set to day and name.

It's working for you? I'm showing every excerpt for each post as :

Investors Are Making an Impact in Southern Maryland

Which is incorrect. should it be linking to read more for each individual post?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what EXACTLY is the permalink set to?
(it works fine for me at my site)
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:04 PM
jonbenya

4 posts · Apr 2010
I'm sorry, I'm not very code savvy. here's what permalinks is set to (if i'm understanding you correctly)

HTML Code:
http://somdexpert.com/2010/04/20/sample-post/
Yes, the excerpt works fine for the top post, but if you look at the other post excerpts on the main page, every single excerpt link points to the most recent post, not the post that it should. does that make sense?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
So your permalink is set to /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ correct?
If you haven't made changes to any of the code, try disabling all your plugins and see what happens
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:45 AM
jonbenya

4 posts · Apr 2010
Found it, thanks! I'm using a post footer plugin that's creating the issue. I changed the settings so that the plugin shows only on the post page itself, not every page on the site. problem fixed, you're the best!