Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Recommendations for Scrolling Specific-Category Posts or Upcoming Events Widget?

Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:52 PM
Misa

16 posts · Feb 2010
(Sorry for the mis-post in the wrong forum earlier!)

Hello folks,

Wondering if anyone had recommendations or some sage advice. I'm at wit's end here with searching, experimenting, downloading, installing and deactivating plugins!

Basically, what I'm looking for is a way to have a portion of the sidebar (or anywhere on the homepage that doesn't look silly) dynamically showing posts that I've put in a specific category. In this instance, it would be for upcoming events.

I'm using the My Calendar plugin. The updated plugin revamped from Kieran O'Shea's (which I'm using on our old site.) The widget just isn't doing it for me however. I do like the calendar but I'm still having to make the posts for each event so I can include booking forms, etc. So, if I can just get my sidebar to display these posts in a "pretty" way, I'd be pleased as punch.

I'm using WP 2.9.2
Atahualpa 3.4.6
(I will upgrade, just scared to at the moment -- wanted to get this sorted first!)
Here's the site in question. Excuse the sidebar mess at the moment. The stuff at the bottom of each sidebar are some of the "experiments gone wrong".

If anyone could recommend a plugin they know of or even show me a plugin they're currently using which does something similar -- I'm all ears and eyes. Eternally grateful for any and all advice.

Cheers!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is geared for musicians, but check out gigpress all you do add a line of php to a text widget and get the execphp plugin and it displays the shows. You might be able to adapt it to your needs