Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header pix won't rotate, sometimes get stuck

Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:36 AM
andrejs

5 posts · Feb 2009
I've returned to tidy up a site that has been running really great on Atahualpa for some time. I've loved the theme and the upgrades I find are terrific. Thanx for this tremendous work.

The site is http://flcycling.org

I jumped on the settings to make images rotate, but so far, they behave exactly as in the past -- a new one for each refresh of the page. (I have it set at 5 seconds, shuffle, fade 1, preload no, clickable yes.

(Don't know if it can be significant: I set JS & CSS to "external" so that my WP-dTree plugin would work.)

One anomaly that I'm not sure what to make of: sometimes I notice that the same header image comes up over and over rather than a new one on each refresh or new page. And, when this happens, it's the same image on both Firefox and Safari -- and, stranger still, I think it's always on the same image. I'm not pushing this observation -- it's so weird that maybe I'm imagining it.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 07:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How many images in the header folder?
What are the file names ? There should be no blanks in the file names.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 07:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of Atahualpa? If version 3.6.7 have you applied the three bug fixes? Have you tried deactivating ALL of the plugins to see if one of them is the culprit?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 08:20 PM
andrejs

5 posts · Feb 2009
There are 30-some images in the folder. no spaces in any file or directory names.

the version is 3.6.7, but I wasn't aware of bug fixes to apply. I'll check that tomorrow (I presume they're evident on the atahualpa page).

Thanx.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 03:54 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
Send a message via AIM to nikflorida Send a message via Yahoo to nikflorida
I'm having the same issue on http://cocktailscatering.com. I've four images in the correct folder (header1.jpg, header2.jpg, and so forth) and I've set them to rotate at 5 seconds, 4 seconds, 6, seconds... with fade, without, preload or no; no matter which options I choose, it never works. It didn't work with NO plug-ins activated... ideas? I'm using current releases of WordPress and Atahualpa (WP 3.1.3 and Atahualpa 3.6.7).
Old Jun 6, 2011, 04:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have ALL the 367 bugfix's applied? if not please apply them before we continue
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:03 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Where are these bug fixes? I'm unable to find them, and I am having the same problem. Thank you!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
They are in the New Versions and Updating thread.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:33 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Sweet, that worked, thank you!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 08:58 AM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
Send a message via AIM to nikflorida Send a message via Yahoo to nikflorida
YAY! Mine works now. Thanks! (I applied the three bug fixes, and that seemed to solve it)