Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to change h1 in posts

Old Mar 27, 2010, 02:58 PM
johnharvard

2 posts · Mar 2010
How to change h1 in posts

I'm trying to change the h1 style for all of my posts. In "ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box" I added

color:#676767; font-size:21px; font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:23px;

This had no effect. Clearly the wrong place, but where?
Thanks,
John
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
remember there are three states for a Headline,
the Headline as just text (HEADLINE Box: Text)
the headline as a link (HEADLINE Box: Links)
the headline as a link but being hovered on (HEADLINE Box: Links: Hover)

HEADLINE Box styles the box that contains the post/page title NOT the title itself
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:17 AM
johnharvard

2 posts · Mar 2010
Ok, thanks.
So to actually modify the properties of the h1 would I have to edit the css? Or maybe there's some other place in the Atahualpa config web pages to do that?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:53 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I think my question is the same. But to be certain, let me ask it in my own words.

I want to change the size of the font in the subject of a post and page. It may be somewhere in the options. But exactly where, I can't tell. May I have specifics please?

For example, what is it now and what would take it down about 25%?

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you need to set your font size in all three places - ie
1) ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Text
2) ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Link
3) ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Links: Hover
also consider, the page/post title is an H1 on a single page, but an H2 on a multi post page unlsee you set 'ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1?' to 'NO' in which cast they will be H2 in both cases
Old Apr 1, 2010, 09:39 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Oops, that's more information than I can handle. Please tell me exactly where and exactly what code must I use to change the font of the page subject in the center column.

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 09:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just told you!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:15 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Sorry if I upset you. But the best I can get from that information is three places where I must make changes. If I understand you I must make all three changes? And I still do not know what to change. I see something there about SEO but I am not asking about SEO.

I apologize for being dense but I'm not trying to be difficult.