Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to add widgets to footer

Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:49 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
[SOLVED] How to add widgets to footer

I copied the info on the "Add Widgets" page and was able to get some in my footer, however, I just don't know how to use the coding effectively. Can someone help me out here so I can get a further understanding of how the coding works? It would be greatly appreciated.

What I am after is three widgets of equal size with some padding between them, sort of what is at the bottom of this page.

My test site is here.

Norm
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:10 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Looks like you have it sorted Norm? Or do you want to style those widget areas further?

By using Chrome "Inspect element" or Firebug, you can identify the exact element you want to style and add that as a CSS insert to your CSS inserts.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:26 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
Thank Jam. As the day went on and something came to mind I tried different things and eventually achieved the desired effect.
How do I mark this as solved?

I appreciate you getting back to me though. I will have to check out "inspect element" as I really don't know what I'm doing

Norm

Last edited by yukoner; Jan 26, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:35 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
You can thank Larry for that info. It was one of the first things Larry taught me, and has been a fantastic way to learn about CSS and applying it to specific elements on a page.
You could individually style the Widget titles for that entire widget area (but not other widget areas), or you could individually style Widget areas 1, 2 and 3 differently. Titles, text, alignment, backgrounds... Have fun