Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

My Sidebars Disappeared

Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:52 AM
The Gourmand & the Peasan

12 posts · Jun 2010
My site is www.thegourmandandthepeasant.com

I don't know where the sidebars went. Logged on this morning, and they were gone. I searched the forum, seems it may be a css issue - but I haven't made any changes there in quite some time. I've been trying to not make any more changes to my layout and focus on content. Now this!

Please Help and thanks in advance!
Emily
Old Sep 23, 2010, 06:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what sidebars do you have checked to display at ato->Style & configure SIDEBARS?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:07 AM

12 posts · Jun 2010
Right Side Bar and Right Inner Sidebar on all the pages. the last thing I was trying to fix was at the bottom, I wanted all the copyright info to span the whole page, not just the sidebars. But I don't remember what, if anything I permanently changed.

Last edited by The Gourmand & the Peasan; Sep 23, 2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try disabling all plugins

the sidebars are there in the code, just no content - this means, you have no widgets in the sidebars or there is a plugin stopping them from being displayed or possible some script you added causing an error
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:52 AM

12 posts · Jun 2010
Ok, you've jogged my memory. A while back, I was playing around with custom widget areas, then decided that I didn't want them and tried to follow the steps to delete custom widget areas. I'm thinking perhaps that's where I screwed up something. I don't even know where to begin - that was a while ago and the sidebars didn't disappear immediately.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want me to take a peek, send me a PM with a admin logon/PW
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You edited footer.php and took out all the code that creates the right and right inner sidebars. I copied a fresh copy of footer.php in and it is now working.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 06:21 AM

12 posts · Jun 2010
Juggledad - You are my hero! I sent you a paypal donation. Thank you so much