Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Version problems

Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:19 PM
cliffbird

46 posts · Jul 2009
i just started a new site - downloaded ATA from WP - then realized there was a newer version - swapped the old for the new - decided I liked the older version and switched back - now I get a cross between the two. Any ideas?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:28 PM
cliffbird

46 posts · Jul 2009
Never mind - I reset all theme option - for some reason I though there was a bug in the reset theme options code in 3.4.9
Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The "Older Version" just had different styles applied. In 3.5.3 you can import and export styles and it even comes with several including the "Older Version (Classic)" style.

Since this is a new installation I would delete what you have and upload 3.5.3. There are several styles that come with Atahualpa in the styles folder. See post 8 of the FAQ thread for more information.

After installing go the the New Versions and Updating thread and apply the bug fixes listed there.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I would still upgrade to 3.5.3 as 3.4.9 had some issues.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 03:07 PM
cliffbird

46 posts · Jul 2009
When you say "issues" - are these small issues - I have used older versions of AT and have had much luck. My site is well underway with 3.4.9 and for some reason fear upgrading.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If 3.4.9 is doing what you want I guess there is no real need to upgrade and if you use the manual upgrade procedure as outlined here it takes away the fear factor since you can just switch back to your previous version.