Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to make a page like "leave a message to me"?

Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:18 PM
china2014

4 posts · Nov 2010
China
Dear all,

Could you tell me how to make a "leave a message to me" page in Atahualpa 3.4.9? This page could let the visitors leave a message to me, just like reply a post.

You could visit my blog at http://www.xufuxiang.com/wp02/?page_id=510. Sorry, I couldn't find the related material in the forum. And I couldn't find any single.php in the folder.

Thank you in advance,
Simon
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Why not just use a contact form plugin such as Contact 7?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 02:13 AM
china2014

4 posts · Nov 2010
China
Larry,

I tried contacts form 7 plug-in in my blog. It works well in my blog.

But it's a little different with my expect. I wish the leaving message form looks like a simple forum. The visitors could communicate with me in this form like the following.
Topic1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx guest001
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy admin
Topic2: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx guest002
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy guest003
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz admin
Topic3: ......

I googled "wordpress forum plugin". I find Tal.ki Embeddable Forums or Simple:Press plugin. Could you give me some advice which plugin I could use? I just need a simple one.

Thank you million,
Simon
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will need to try them and see which works for you. Simple for one person may be complex for someone else. The best way to learn about a plugin is to test it out.

I suggest you create a 'sandbox' (a test install of wordpress) that you can play and experiment in. I have several and you don't even need a nother domain name. You could put a copy of wordpress in a subfolder. Say your domain name was 'mydomain.com' and pointed to the folder 'wordpress' you could create a folder inside the 'wordpress' folder called 'playground' and then load all the wordpress files there. You will need to create a new database and edit wp-config.php to point there, but then you could use 'mydomain.com' to get to teh real site and 'mydomain.com/playground' to get to the testing site.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:19 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What JD just said is what I just did. I had never heard of the tal.ki plugin and wanted to try it out so I installed in on my test site. My first impressions are positive. I installed without a problem and created a forum page. I went to the forum page and there was my forum.

At test/sandbox site is a great tool and removes a lot of anxiety.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:38 PM
china2014

4 posts · Nov 2010
China
JD & Larry,

Many thanks for your quick support. I'll try the forum plunin in my site later. In fact, I have tried some plugins in my site but not find the one I preferred.

I am trying to donate some $ to you, but I need some help from my friends. As we just use Zhifubao & Yinlian in China. Atahualpa is a great theme I ever see.

Cheers,
Simon
Old Dec 1, 2010, 02:19 AM
china2014

4 posts · Nov 2010
China
JD & Larry,

I make a "Leave a message" page with Simple:Press plugin. You are wellcome to leave a message to me in my site: http://xufuxiang.com. It's quite simple and you needn't register a user.

Cheers,