Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Specify different color for the header in IE

Old Sep 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
Faffe

22 posts · May 2010
Sweden
Colors [SOLVED] Specify different color for the header in IE

I'm quite happy with the design on tingslunda.com.preview.binero.se, but unfortunately there are still some people out there using Internet Explorer. In Mozilla, Chrome and Opera the black header text shows nicely since it's surrounded by an orange glow, but in IE it's just black on black.

Is there a way to specify a different color for the header text for IE users? In css inserts perhaps?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
your problem is that you are using text-shadow:0 0 0.1em #FF8B00,0 0 0.3em #FF8B00; and good old IE doesn't support it

try this, add the following to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Header
HTML Code:
<!--[if IE]>
<style type="text/css">
h1.blogtitle a:link,
h1.blogtitle a:visited,
h1.blogtitle a:active,
h2.blogtitle a:link,
h2.blogtitle a:visited,
h2.blogtitle a:active {
color:#00ffff !important;
}
</style>
<![endif]-->
Old Sep 12, 2010, 03:17 PM
Faffe

22 posts · May 2010
Sweden
Thanks a lot, that did the trick! I knew IE doesn't support text shadows, unfortunately site owner wants this particular design with black on black. Now I have to get him to switch from IE to Chrome to see the results!

You're quickly working your way towards another donation ;-)
Old Sep 12, 2010, 03:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Why not use an image instead of the text with a shadow??