Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to achieve this look with Atahualpa?

Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:37 PM
Pizarro

6 posts · Apr 2011
I should preface this by saying that if I decide to use Atahualpa for my site, I will definitely donate, because I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions. I'm not a developer, and I've only been using Wordpress for a few days so bear with me.

Can anyone briefly tell me what would be involved in getting the out-of-the-box Atahualpa theme to look like this site, which apparently uses Atahualpa? Is this feasible for a rank noob like myself? Will I have to learn HTML in order to accomplish a comparable site?

http://maggieaustincake.com/

So far I've managed to

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That site is a good example of how a "not too complex" site can look real nice. All there is on that site is a logo at the top - %logo, a menu bar - %pages, and a singular post on each page.

The rest is just CSS Styling. Start with the rounded style (see instructions for importing a style in ATO>Export>Import settings) then tweak the CSS for the desired colors, logo placement, etc. Some of the settings may be just setting a particular theme options and some you may have to add CSS to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:31 AM
Pizarro

6 posts · Apr 2011
^ Thanks. My thoughts, exactly. I'll be using my site for a b&m business, not as a blog, and I love how the site I linked to above is clean, simple and uncluttered without looking bare and incomplete, while providing all the information a customer would need.

I just barely understand what your second paragraph means, but I will spend today trying to figure it out. Thanks again.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:26 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If there is something you don't understand just ask away. It helps if you only cover one question in a post and a link to the site is sometimes necessary.

We are here to help where we can.