Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Weird Error With Code in Loop as Opposed to index.php

Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:51 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Hey,

I was trying to put this code in the loop (center column)

<?php if ( is_front_page() ) { ?>
<div align="center">
<?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/dynamic-content-gallery-plugin/dynamic-gallery.php'); ?>
</div>
<?php } ?>

The plugin is for an image slideshow type thing, shows latest 5 posts from a determined category.

Anyway the slideshow loads up but following it, the 5th post gets posted on the front page, above the latest post (it takes over the number 1 position).

However when I put this code in index.php that error does not occur and it works fine.

Do you know if there is any reason why that error could have occured? I don't know if it's the plugin or Atahualpa causing that problem. Works in index.php but not in the loop.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
possibly because the code resets the wp-query. you may want to put this code in the 'Content ABOVE the LOOP' section - it will run, then the loop will run