Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

rotating image header- more than one?

Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
i am hoping someone can help me find the best and simplest solution.

I want to create a row of 3 rotating images (approx. 160 px wide each) in my header area in lieu of the main rotating image.

i can also just put a table into %bar2 with animated gifs, i have thought about a plugins? i have tried playing around with multiple %image (in header options) as well... i am not getting anywhere...

any suggestions???
Old Nov 26, 2009, 06:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
couple suggestions.

1) edit the rotating header code, add two more variables and pick random numbers for them, use them to index teh other pictures, put new code in to hahdle the new pictures in the header table.

2) combine the pictures at random creating one lagre picture from three, so you could take A,B,C and get ABC then make a picture with ABD abd one with FBD and one with FGD then one FHD etc etc

3) skip the rotating header and add a widget area. Find a plugin that will show random images and use it.