Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Installation/Upgrade Issues »

WP Super Cache and Atahualpa Error

Old Jan 12, 2017, 08:18 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
WP Super Cache and Atahualpa Error

I have Atahualpa 3.7.24 installed and just installed WP Super Cache. Enabled caching and tried the test but caching is not working. Inspected my homepage and see this error:

<!-- Page not cached by WP Super Cache. No closing HTML tag. Check your theme. -->

Do I have a corrupted theme file or is there some other issue?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 03:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
debugging 101 - disable ALL other plugins to see if there is a conflict - you may allso want to swap to a twenty-xxx theme and test to see if the same problem occurs

I also notice that you opened an issue on WordPress and say that when you look at the page it shows the </html>.

I just tested with the same versions of WP, Atahualpa and WP Super cache and have no problems
Old Jan 14, 2017, 01:25 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
I switched from Atahualpa to Twenty Fifteen and caching worked flawlessly. Appears to be a theme issue. Could it be a combination of Atahualpa and a plugin?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 02:10 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
I seem to have found the conflict - Atahualpa and Next Gen Gallery. Get this error:

<!-- Page not cached by WP Super Cache. Blank Page. Check output buffer usage by plugins. -->
<!-- Page not cached by WP Super Cache. No closing HTML tag. Check your theme. -->
Old Jan 14, 2017, 05:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Once again, I have tested the same versions and I have no problem.

What is the url?
If you disable caching and look at the source of the page, is the </html> there?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 03:12 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
spswoodturners.org

Seeing the closing html regardless of plugin status.

Caching disabled, nextgen active:
http://www.spswoodturners.org/debug/...en-active.html

Caching on, nextgen active:
http://www.spswoodturners.org/debug/...en-active.html

Caching on, nextgen deactivated:
http://www.spswoodturners.org/debug/...deactived.html