Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

can i have multiple background images in the sidebar??

Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:06 PM
jochemvreeke

13 posts · Jan 2011
I would like to achieve this because the top of the background is different than the bottom. So i have one top part and a bottom part that needs to be repeated vertical... this is what i have sofar, unfortunately it doesnt work....

Code:
background-image: url('http://wordpress.jvreeke.nl/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/top.png') top left no-repeat, url('http://wordpress.jvreeke.nl/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/middle.png') 0px 230px repeat-y;
i tried this both on the ATO>style sidebar page and i tried adding this as separate css.

Please help on this..

website is http://wordpress.jvreeke.nl/

thanks jochem
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
only one background image per area. You can have a background for a widget and a different one for the sidebar, but the syntax you are trying to use is invalid.

To check the syntax, go to w3schools.com/css
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:37 PM
jochemvreeke

13 posts · Jan 2011
thank you for the reply.. one question thought..

something like this is not going to work then? i believe this is css3

Code:
div.feature {
    background-image: url(_images/icon_globe_51w_49h.png),
        url(_images/layout_feature_top_left_30w_30h.gif),
        url(_images/layout_feature_top_right_251w_30h.gif),
        url(_images/layout_feature_bottom_left_30w_142h.gif),
        url(_images/layout_feature_bottom_right_251w_142h.gif);

background-position: 95% 7%, 0 0, 100% 0, 0 100%, 100% 100%;
}
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It might work..in any browser that supports it.