Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

half of blog vanished after upgrade install

Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:06 AM
Monkey_Fist

14 posts · Apr 2009
Portland, Maine USA
half of blog vanished after upgrade install

I installed the newest version (3.4.01) today, activated it, and half my content had disappeared. entire right side bar was gone, widgets not even in holding area. also header images were gone. I went back to 3.3.3 and will watch threads

http://cascobayboaters.com/
Old Jul 8, 2009, 04:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I installed the newest version (3.4.01) today, activated it, and half my content had disappeared....
What do you mean? were posts gone? or something else

Quote:
...entire right side bar was gone...
did you check dashboard->appearences->widgets to see it things were in the right inner sidebar and also if the sidebars are set to display
ATO->Sidebar & Widgets->LEFT sidebar: Display on:
ATO->Sidebar & Widgets->LEFT INNER sidebar: Display on:
ATO->Sidebar & Widgets->RIGHT sidebar: Display on:
ATO->Sidebar & Widgets->RIGHT INNER sidebar: Display on:

Quote:
also header images were gone. I went back to 3.3.3 and will watch threads
remember, header images are stored in each copy of the theme (in atahualpa333/images/header) so you have to copy them into the new copy of the theme (ie atahualpa34/images/header)
Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:16 PM
Monkey_Fist

14 posts · Apr 2009
Portland, Maine USA
I did not check "inner sidebars", guess I should have, but since I had no inner sidebars originally, it didn't occur to me that they might have migrated.

No posts had disappeared, but sidebars were a mess. Attempts to rebuild them didn't stick, a bug Ive noticed on current version. Just seems a little quirky sometimes, no biggy.

I don't remember having to re-install header images on previous upgrade, maybe I did, I dont recall. Anyway, Since tweeking the new install would have taken a little while to rebuild, and it was during a busy traffic time and I didnt want the site to be messy for an hour or so, I just went back to 3.3.

After skimming the threads posted after the new upgrade was made avail, I dont seem to be the only one, so I'll stick with 3.3 till it seems things have calmed down, or I have more time during off hours to mess around with it. Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:29 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
Header images need to be copied (at least from 3.2 to 3.33 they did). I too lost my sidebar widgets (ads, banners, etc). Switched back to 333 and then removed the widgets in 333 and put them in the new WP inactive widget area. Turned on 3.4 and then dragged the widgets back.

Interestingly enough, it only affected the right sidebar.

I did nothing with turningf off or on interior sidebar displays.

FYI, I like the add a widget anywhere. (and I was able to figure it out myself)
Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:27 PM
Monkey_Fist

14 posts · Apr 2009
Portland, Maine USA
yeah it was my right sidebar too. was totally empty. Left bar widgets were all wrong, some had jumped from right to left, it was a mess and would have necessitated several hours rebuild based on what I knew at the time. I wasnt in the mood. I'll give it a try again next time Im wide awake at 430am and am only getting hits from Finland.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 05:42 PM
Ben and Jerry

1 posts · Jan 2014
I don't know whether this is a related problem, so excuse me if it is not:
I upgraded today to 3.7.13
I also enabled CDN via S3 with WP Super Cache
I lost my header and all images on the sidebar and posts.
I turned off the 'CDN enable' on WP Super Cache and all my images returned
Except... I have no header - i.e. no images or text.
I am not very experienced and am at a loss as to what I can do to restore the site. I did export before I did things. Any suggestions (www.mind-phronesis.co.uk)