Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] next/previous nav problems in one category

Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
WP3.1 ATA3.6.7

Hello! Wondering why my older/newer nav won't work in this category. It works fine in the Christmas stocking category It looks like it's just the "newer" nav that's not working. Any ideas what's wrong there?

Also, I'm wondering if the "home link nav on single posts pages" can be set to something other than home. Will something like %page-xx% work here? Actually, I want to link each category back to a different page. Is that possible?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) what do you have ato->Next/Previous Navigation->Keep next/prev. links on SINGLE post pages to same post category? set to?

2) how many categories is the post part of?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:12 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
1. Yes
2. Just one
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
no idea, I'd have to dig into your site to see what was happening

Quote:
Also, I'm wondering if the "home link nav on single posts pages" can be set to something other than home. Will something like %page-xx% work here? Actually, I want to link each category back to a different page. Is that possible?
possibly, but you would have to edit the theme code to do it.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
Kind of strange, but I reordered the posts using a plugin that I had used to order the posts in other cats and the next/prev nav just started working correctly on it's own...Thanks!