Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Only One Visible Column

Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:49 PM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
I am new to blogging, new to Wordpress and of course new to this theme. I have a modicum of knowledge of CSS and less of PHP but know enough HTML to get me in trouble.

This theme has all that I currently need and it appears it has all I will need in the future as well...so I want to make it work for me. But I am feeling pretty stupid at the moment because I cannot figure out why my layout only shows the middle column, not the sidebars. No links, no categories, not anything. I know this must be a setting that I'm missing. Please assist.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:59 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Have you assigned any widgets to the sidebars? They populate those areas.

Do you see the right and left sidebars at all?

Post a link to your site if you want us to be able to help more.

Welcome, by the way.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:09 PM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
I chose this theme not only because of its versatility, but because I checked this forum and noticed the support and knew this was for me. I WILL be donating soon.

Thank you paulae for your quick reply. Of course I'm feeling a little extra stupid, but thank you for pointing out the fact that I needed to actually PUT something there in order for it to show. Sheesh!

Thanks for the welcome, paulae, I'll post my blog address when I get something up good enough to look at or for help for a future problem.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Flynn is amazing and so is this theme.

Glad to have you here. I've received so much help and support from Flynn and others since finding this place, so I'm glad to give back if I can.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the hardest to see, when you're new at something! I didn't quite understand the sidebar thing at first, either. In fact, it wouldn't hurt if there were a bit of instruction about that somewhere.

Actually, Flynn, shouldn't this thread and others be elsewhere? I thought this section was for problems using the forum itself, not the theme?

Last edited by paulae; Apr 7, 2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:33 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'll go through all threads and sort them the next days