Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] author bio and name in one cat only... now with no php in theme options

Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:21 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
[SOLVED] author bio and name in one cat only... now with no php in theme options

see: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6153 for earlier troubleshooting on this issue...
however, now with new theme updates (3.6.7) I am unable to use php in theme options...
is there anything else I can do so that I can get author's name and bio to show in one category only?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Due to the new requirements from WordPress.org, the code that would process the PHP had to be removed. so for now you could stay on 364 or you will have to edit the source code to accomplish this.

did you have anything else in the kicker beside the
HTML Code:
<?php if ( in_category(15)) { ?> %author-link% <?php }; ?>
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:18 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
I have php code in two places here:

Byline: single post pages:
PHP Code:
 <?php if ( in_category (array(15,30))) { ?> %author-posts-link% <?php }; ?>
and Footer single Post pages:
PHP Code:
<?php if ( in_category(15)) { ?> %author-description% <?php }; ?>

However, if i ammend the code in the theme source files, i need to do this every time there is an upgrade, so i try to keep this minimal.

Last edited by ortixia; Jul 7, 2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: found solution for one part, and removed the text...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:48 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
i believe I may be able to just get away without the footer/author description part by embedding the bios directly into the posts (copy-paste!) so now we are just down to the byline single posts...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 03:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this, edit index.php and change line 28 from
HTML Code:
		<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
		<?php  if ( in_category (array(15,30))) {
			$bfa_ata['post_kicker_single'] .= ' %author-posts-link%'; bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); } ?>
Old Jul 7, 2011, 03:13 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
its actually a byline rather than kicker... so could I..substitute-->
PHP Code:
<?php  if ( in_category (array(15,30))) {

$bfa_ata['post_byline_single'] .= ' %author-posts-link%'bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); } ?>
((by the way, thank you for helping!!! i love atahualpa, i am now running 5 sites on Atahualpa, including one multisite..))

Last edited by ortixia; Jul 7, 2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: text edit