Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header widget position different in Chrome vs Firefox

Old Dec 5, 2010, 03:12 PM
mhovitch

3 posts · Nov 2010
Hi folks,

I'm having a bit of trouble adding a widget to my header area. I want the widget to be to the right of my logo area. The only way I could achieve this was to use absolute positioning, but I'm having a problem getting the position of the widget to not shift between browsers. Any suggestions? Or is there a different way I can get the widget to flow correctly in my layout without using absolute positioning?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
What version of each browser?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The way I would do what you want is to create a two celled widget area and put my logo image in one and use the other cell for the info you want next to it. For this situation you don't use %logo.

Another perhaps is to wrap %logo in a div and use float to position.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:11 AM
mhovitch

3 posts · Nov 2010
Hi guys,
Thanks for the quick responses.

It looks like I got it to work after all. I used relative positioning instead of absolute. The new widget is above all the rest of my header content in the HTML, and for some reason, although everything was lining up correctly, I was getting me a huge space above all the content. I put styled the widget with a negative top margin to correct that. There is likely a better fix, but this seems to be working now. I have tested it across browsers using adobe browser lab. The only problem is in IE6, but I'm not going to worry about that.

I'm pretty much a beginner at this programing stuff, so if you guys have another, more appropriate suggestion I'd be glad hear it.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3. My URL is www.somethingcreativeeveryday.com

Thanks!