Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Need help with parent/child menus overlapping

Old Jan 6, 2012, 04:25 PM
cainj99

3 posts · Jan 2012
I am looking for some help. Site I have inherited is sugarlandice.com. Our page horizontal menu with certain drop downs have child sub menus. When highlighted these menus drop down and overtop the parent menu instead of moving/floating to the right where I would like to see them. I'm sorta a noob with CSS but can do what I need to if I know where to look or how to edit. I'm very new to the Ata theme. Have been reading this forum all day and have not exactly found anything to help me with this issue. I need help with:

1. Getting page/sub page menus to display properly as I mentioned above.
2. Get the odd sizing of each page to become the same width instead of just the length of the word inside. Also the same for the main horizontal bar itself.

I would be grateful for any assistance. I am using Firefox and have Firebug (although not sure I know that I am using it properly). Dont know if what CSS inserts I put in theme editor work? Using Ata theme 3.2 I believe.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 09:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
My suggestion would be to upgrade MANUALLY to the newest version but you have to be aware that you will have to transfer some images and perhaps make some path changes. Also if you have php code in your current theme you will have to determine work arounds.

To make certain of the version open the theme options and look at the top.

Also what version of WordPress is installed?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:17 AM
cainj99

3 posts · Jan 2012
Wll the upgrade have the fixes i need or the ability to edit the css to accomplish what i need?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are really on Atahualpa 3.2, there have been lots of changes. I would suggest doing the upgrade on a test site so you can see the changes.