Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Inserting Javascript on main page won't work but individual pages will

Old Apr 11, 2009, 05:21 PM
everydayexplorer

2 posts · Apr 2009
I'm trying to insert this piece of code into the theme

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.avantlink.com/ale/ale.php?ti=401"></script>

At first I tried using the HTML/CSS Inserts and inserting it into the header and/or body bottom but that only worked on individual posts meaning that it was only active when you clicked on a single post and were viewing a single post.

I then tried following these directions

http://www.avantshare.com/blog/2008/...ordpress-blog/

and installing it at the end of footer.php before the closing </body>. I ran into the same problem.

I then tried inserting it into header.php and it once again only worked on individual posts. I am using firebug to troubleshoot and the odd thing is I that the code doesn't even show up in the header in firebug on the main page but it shows up fine on individual posts.

I should also mention that the script works fine when I click on Older Entries and view multiple posts that are not on the front page.

Is there a separate header file for the main page or is there another way that I can enter this script on the main page?

Last edited by everydayexplorer; Apr 11, 2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: clarity
Old Apr 11, 2009, 05:44 PM
everydayexplorer

2 posts · Apr 2009
The problem "magically" resolved itself. No idea how. If there is a better solution rather than putting it in header.php I'm all ears.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:31 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'd follow the suggestion of the Javascript author regarding the best location, there is no single best location for Javascript. Some recommend to put Javascript at the bottom, before the closing </body> tag so it won't delay the page load. The site might load faster, or at least appear to do so.