Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Can't hide sidebars on individual pages. Works for categories.

Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:08 AM
phpadam

1 posts · Aug 2009
[SOLVED] Can't hide sidebars on individual pages. Works for categories.

I cannot seem to hide sidebars for individual pages. I've put the post IDs into the proper place, but the sidebars still load on those pages.

Putting a category ID in the "Don't display on categories" list works fine, and the sidebars are NOT shown on that category's list page.

Problem only exists when trying to hide any sidebar on an individual page.

Has anyone encountered this.

I'm working with wordpress 2.8.4 and Atahualpa 3.42.

Additional NOTE: The page ID IS being inserted into the database: in the wp_options table, there are entries called:
bfa_ata_right_col_pages_exclude and bfa_ata_left_col_pages_exclude which has a value (the page on which I want to exclude it)

But the sidebars are NOT being excluded from THAT page.

Last edited by phpadam; Aug 21, 2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 04:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can't hide side bars for POSTS, only for PAGES. so if you create a PAGE called 'tutoring' you can find it's ID and insert that and then on that PAGE the sidebars won't show.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 02:28 PM
ericinnyc

7 posts · Jul 2009
New York
I am also having this issue. I went to a static homepage and a posts page. The sidebars are not showing in the 2 other pages I have set to hide sidebars.

Juggle, all the posts and pages are referenced in wordpress as posts "wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=42" This should not be a problem, as the two other instances where it works, are also referenced as posts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric in NY
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what's the url showing the issue?
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:07 AM
ericinnyc

7 posts · Jul 2009
New York
The url is secretphotolist.com/blog/
Sidebars are hidden on the page secretphotolist.com/forum/ without problem

versions
Atahualpa- 3.4.2
WP- 2.8.4

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Eric in NYC
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What do you have set at ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS?