Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] 3.6.4: Reset all options does not reset all options

Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:52 AM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
I have only a handful of settings which differ from Atahualpa's default options. When I used Reset All options, a significant number of those settings were not reset to defaults:

(This is not a comprehensive list)
Code:
Configure SEO
 Noindex date archive pages?
 Noindex category pages?
 Noindex tag pages?
 Nofollow RSS, trackback & admin links?

Style & edit HEADER AREA
 Search box
 Text in header search box
 Horizontal Bar 1: Styling
 Horizontal Bar 2: Styling

Configure EXCERPTS
 Don't strip these tags

Style IMAGES
 Images in Posts

Add HTML/CSS Inserts
 CSS Inserts
There were some options that were reset correctly, like hover tables and show logo next to title.

Last edited by mdmower; Feb 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:28 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
Sometimes the database needs a bit of cleaning too.

In the ATO --> Import/Export Settings

Scroll down near the bottom and click on the "Delete the bfa_ata4" button and see if that helps.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Thanks for the info. I have passed this along.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you ever have a version prior to 3.4.7 installed? In that case the old settings are still in the database and pressing the reset all or delete bfa4 will rebuild the options from the database.

The reset al should copy in the settings from the 'classic' setting file
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:25 PM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerb0y
Sometimes the database needs a bit of cleaning too.

In the ATO --> Import/Export Settings

Scroll down near the bottom and click on the "Delete the bfa_ata4" button and see if that helps.
The effect of "Delete the bfa_ata4" was no different than "Reset ALL theme options". The same set of options which were not reset before are still not reset now.

Last edited by mdmower; Feb 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:30 PM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
did you ever have a version prior to 3.4.7 installed? In that case the old settings are still in the database and pressing the reset all or delete bfa4 will rebuild the options from the database.

The reset al should copy in the settings from the 'classic' setting file
I have Atahualpa installed manually to /wp-content/themes/atahualpa364 so there should not be any stray files from previous versions around. Seems to be strictly database related.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Let me ask the question in a different was

Did you ever use a version of atahualpa earlier than 3.4.7 with this database?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:11 AM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Quote:
Let me ask the question in a different was

Did you ever use a version of atahualpa earlier than 3.4.7 with this database?
It is likely, but I cannot remember for sure. I know that I had 3.4.9 installed for quite some time, but I'm not positive that I started with it.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just went into the test database I use and deleted all the rows in the wp-option table that began with 'bfa'. This included all the rows created pre 43.4.7 and the bfa4 record. This is equivalent to doing a fresh wordpress install and activating the theme for the first time.

I made some changes

I then pressed the 'Reset ALL theme options' and while I did not check each and every option, the ones I did check were reset to the defaults.

If you had a release prior to 3.4.7 you could still have the old bfa records in the wp-option table. to check, in phpMyAdmin, issue the following

HTML Code:
SELECT option_name, option_value FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata_';
make sure to change the prefix to match the one you have.

If you get any hits, you can delete the resultant set.

Please make sure to do a database backup BEFORE you do this.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 04:25 PM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Quote:
If you had a release prior to 3.4.7 you could still have the old bfa records in the wp-option table.
I did have 71 old bfa_ata_ options. Removing them and then using the 'Reset ALL theme options' button successfully reset everything. Thank you for your assistance. After setting all of my preferences, I have only one option in the tables called "bfa_ata4"; as it should be.