Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Author Bio help

Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:47 PM
lnsokol

14 posts · Jul 2010
[SOLVED] Author Bio help

Still new to this I am trying to figure out what I should do for a bio. I would like it to appear below
http://laurasokolphotography.com/blog/
the header image. I see that I can place a Bio widget on the sidebar but I am not using them. I would like an image next to it. I had thought that maybe a 'sticky post' would work but it didn't look like I wanted. How would you do it?
Thanks in advance.
Laura Sokol
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I think a sticky post could work. Just style it to fit with the site. You could add a new widget area for this but I don't know what you would gain over a sticky. What was it about a sticky post that didn't look right to you?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:19 PM
lnsokol

14 posts · Jul 2010
Having the photo in there. I'll try it again and post to see what you think. What do you think of the site at present? I wish that I could get the background to start at the center then work its way outward too. It is just the one dot repeating.
Thanks for the super quick response.
Laura sokol
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I really like the site. I just added it to my list of Atahualpa sites I especially like. I think changing your background code to the following will do what you want.
HTML Code:
background: url("/blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/background-8.gif") repeat fixed center top transparent;
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:36 PM
lnsokol

14 posts · Jul 2010
LARRY!!! Yes that is exactly what I was looking for!!! Thank you soooo much. I still don't have enough money to donate... but I have been talking your awesomeness up. Flynn did an amazing job with this and all of you moderators are AMAZING. I have referred a few friends wanting to get their own sites going to Atahualpa. I love it. My hubby's company (an online school) is looking to update with a more SEO happy site and I sent them your way. They will be donating soon I'm sure.

I am having issues finding the way to make a sticky post. My brain is gone today.

Thanks again. Laura Sokol
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
When you are creating a post you will see the word "Visibility" in the Publish box on the right with an edit link next to it. If you click the edit link you can check the box next to "Stick this post to the front page" to make it stick.

You can style this sticky by going to ATO>Style Posts & Pages>POST Container:STICKY