Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

how to reduce the height of the center area??

Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:36 PM
thalo

9 posts · Jul 2010
biggest little city
WP 3.0.4
Ata 3.6

http://colbystott.com

With the installation of 3.6 thing were changed (images gone, backgrounds gone, etc.), but some were fixed. Before, the height of the center area was the height of the sidebar and the footer started where the sidebar left off. Now there is a big gap between the sidebar and the footer. I searched through the options to try and find some kind of settings (like the max width) but I was not successful. Any suggestions?

thanks and cheers
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it looks like you have set a background color for the WIDGETS, but not for the SIDEBAR as a whole. if you want a background for the sidebar, you have to have something set at ato->Style & configure SIDEBARS->RIGHT sidebar style

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 7, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:22 PM
thalo

9 posts · Jul 2010
biggest little city
thanks, that makes sense and works. Is there a way to set the height of the page or center area so that it extends dynamically when more widgets are added to the side bar?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 05:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it does that automatically
Old Jan 8, 2011, 07:55 PM
thalo

9 posts · Jul 2010
biggest little city
is there anywhere I can set how 'automatically' it does it? juggledad, I will assume you looked at my site because of the comment you made about color of the background. this has to do with the issues between Ata 3.6 and WP 3.0.4 as there were other issues I addressed earlier. before, the footer was up to the bottom of my last widget, my page wasnt as long vertically. I would like to reset it to what it was like before. is there a total sidebar height adjustment. I thought I might be able to write a line in ato->Style & configure SIDEBARS->RIGHT sidebar style, the same place I set the sidebar background color, I just dont know what to write.

any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 08:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go to dashboard settings-reading and change the number of posts on the page and you will see the page get shorter.

If the space the posts take up is taller than the space the widgets take up, the extra space will show in the sidebars. If the sidebar widgets take more space than the posts, then the extra space shows under the posts.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:31 AM
thalo

9 posts · Jul 2010
biggest little city
thanks for this info. i would have never thought of looking in the general wordpress settings (shows how unfamiliar i am with it all).

cheers