Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Customized display of links

Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:05 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

I've been looking for a plugin that will do what I want. Haven't found it so far. Here's what I want to do. I have a bunch of Links set up in a few different categories. On a sidebar I'd like to be able to control how many links display in a given category. Specifically I want to show only the most recently added link. Anybody know of a suitable plugin for this task?

Thanks!!
Sharon
Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try List category posts
Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:58 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you for your reply! I wasn't clear I guess in describing my problem. I want to place my -blogroll- links on the side bar. :-) Only thing is I want to be able to choose not only which category (of LINK) to display (which I can already do with the existing Links widget) but limit the number of links to display. I want to display only one (link)--the most recent one added.

Now, maybe there is a better way to do what I want to do. I am storing pdf files in the Media library. Then I'm setting up a Link to the file which I display on the sidebar. I'll be adding pdfs regularly but I only want to display the most recently added on the sidebar. I will display all of them on an inside page.

Any ideas?? :-)
Old Dec 21, 2009, 05:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
List Category Posts will do what you want. There is a way to limit to a category and to the number of posts as well as which posts. You can use shortcode or an included widget.