Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] IE & Chrome issues with background and logo/header

Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:40 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I used the following code that I found in a post in the Gold Forum to display 2 background images and all is good on all browsers except IE:

background: url(/wp-content/images/header-bg.jpg) left top repeat-x, #e3cdb5 url(/wp-content/images/wood-bg.jpg) top left repeat;

I use this same code on my own site and it works fine in all browsers, so I'm not sure why the IE problem here. I've actually never had compatibility issues with Atahualpa before!

I have a logo and rotating header images on this same site, and everything displays fine in all browsers except for chrome. Again, I can't figure out what I've done, and I've searched the forums with no luck in either case.

The URL is www.blackberrymorganhorses.com, WP 3.3.1, Atahualpa 3.7.3.

Thank you, I feel like I owe you guys a 12-pack or something, so I'll head over and ante-up. You guys are always so much help!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of IE?
did you set the doctype (ato->Style & configure LAYOUT->IE Document Type)?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
IE 7 and 8 (don't have 9 yet), and no, I've never set any doctype other than what the default is.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this, change the body to
HTML Code:
body {
	text-align: center;  /* centering the page container, 
							text-align will be reset to left 
							inside the container */
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.8em;
color: #000000;
background: url(http://www.blackberrymorganhorses.com/wp-content/images/header-bg.jpg) left top repeat-x	}
and add this to the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
html {
background:  url(http://www.blackberrymorganhorses.com/wp-content/images/wood-bg.jpg) top left repeat;	}
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:47 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks Juggledad, but unfortunately this did not work for the background images. It fixed the header issue problem in chrome however. When I added the second background image to the inserts section, it actually broke the menu options I had in that section also. IE is now displaying the first background image fine however, but not the look I was going for.
I was mistaken in my first post, in that this double background image method did not work on my own site in IE. So is this method just not going to be compatible with IE then, or do you think there's a hack for this?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Look ing at the source of the page I see for the body CSS
HTML Code:
body {
							inside the container */
							inside the container */
font-size: 0.8em;
color: #000000;
background: url(http://www.blackberrymorganhorses.com/wp-content/images/header-bg.jpg) #E2D1B7 left top repeat-x;	}
besides teh duplicate lines, get rid of the '#E2D1B7'
second, I don't see teh
HTML Code:
html {
background:  url(http://www.blackberrymorganhorses.com/wp-content/images/wood-bg.jpg) top left repeat;	}
anywhere in the CSS Inserts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Hmmm, when I go into ATO > Body, Text & Links, I don't see any duplicate code there. See attached screen shot.

I had removed the background image from the inserts because of the broken menu issue, but it's back now so you can see that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ato body.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1819  
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you forgot to add the 'html {...}' go look at the previous post
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Sweet that worked! Sorry, I thought that it would recognize it as HTML, I've never added that in the inserts before. Thanks again so much!