Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Excerpt Length Not Working Properly

Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:28 PM
nettaP

11 posts · Mar 2011
Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble getting the excerpt length to work properly in my posts. I'm not using any read more tags or anything like that. I have the excerpt length set to 600 words right now, I've also had it set at 500, 350, 200, and the excerpts still appear at the same length, no matter the excerpt length that I set. The webpage is at http://www.xoxonettaP.com.

I'm using <p> in the "Don't strip these tags" box. Excerpt length is currently set to 600. I would like the excerpts to be a bit longer. I recently installed the bug fixes for the 3.7 version, 1-4.

Thank you kindly for your help!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please go to ato->export/import settings and export our settings and attach them to a reply
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just to be sure. By version 3.7 do you mean 3.6.7? And there are currently just three bug fixes since #4 replaced another one.

Also no manual excerpts? correct?