Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

What's so special about ThemeFrame! What does it do?

Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:23 PM
OM2

1 posts · Nov 2010
What's so special about ThemeFrame! What does it do?

Dumb question: What's so special about ThemeFrame!

I've seen the video - it looks awesome
But... I think a few more lines of text explaining exactly what it does would have helped!

Can I use it to develop ANY layout for Wordpress?
How well do I need to know CSS?

How about adding extra menus and other interactive objects (non Flash) - how well does it cope?

What does it NOT do? What limitations does it have?

Can I use it to apply a graphic shadow outline to DIV's?

Can I use it to change underlying backgrounds?

Ready to buy... would appreciate answers to the above

Where is it hosted?
Do I get the code and host on my server?
Or do I use from somewhere else as a web based service?

Thanks!

OM
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The simple answer is Themeframe is a theme creation tool. It is pretty much a blank slate for developing most any look and feel you are after. Once the theme is created it is like any other theme. You can add plugins etc.

While knowledge of CSS can help the interface it very easy to adjust widths, colors, etc with sliders and color pickers.

The background dialogs have pickers for colors and upload dialogs for images. You can create rounded corners and there is even the ability to create rounded corners for IE with javascript. Shadows and other CSS3 specific stuff can be added to a CSS section.

What is a benefit for some is the inability for the end user to tweak (mess up) settings. To make changes to layout you would just edit and save as a new theme.

There is still work to be done but this is a pretty neat tool that is going to net neater.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:36 PM
demobab

77 posts · Nov 2010
Ohio
Is the $80 beta offer still available? If I donate $80, will you automatically know I want ThemeFrame and send it to me?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes you can still get In for $80. Once you donate you will be given access to the ThemeFrame members forum where you can download it from
Old Nov 30, 2010, 02:16 AM
Sagittarius

30 posts · Nov 2010
France
2 weeks ago I purchased TF16 to be able to make a wordpress site quickly.
I'm not at all a Webdesigner. I understand CSS lines.

Here is the result: my TF site
It's not a perfect site but it's ok for me.

So I am really convinced by TF

And I may use it soon to renew my personal site (which took me hours and hours to adapt from a GPL theme).
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:52 PM
HiTechBiniou

6 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius
2 weeks ago I purchased TF16 to be able to make a wordpress site quickly.
I'm not at all a Webdesigner. I understand CSS lines.

Here is the result: my TF site
It's not a perfect site but it's ok for me.

So I am really convinced by TF

And I may use it soon to renew my personal site (which took me hours and hours to adapt from a GPL theme).
Hey Sagittarius,

Votre site TF est très beau et en plus, il passe le W3 test avec 0 erreurs. Bravo!

Your TF site is very nice and most of all, it passes the W3 test with 0 errors. Congratulations!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:07 AM
lalomarquez

4 posts · Dec 2010
Hello! I've seen that many themes (like those from elegantthemes.com) come with several shortcuts that create several functionalities, like buttons, content boxes, toggled content, tabbed content, slideshows, social media buttons, password protected content, column layouts, image sliders, tooltip scripts, etc.

How does ThemeFrame address these type of features?

Will I be able to create custom behaviour sites like my current one at http://lalomarquez.net/ ?

Thank you in advance,

Ed.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:16 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The shortcode functionalities or that theme package are really just built in plugins. For instance the Content Boxes shortcode is very similar to the Special Text Boxes Plugin but the plugin has quite a bit more functionality in that you can easily design your own box.

So the answer to your question is Themeframe doesn't address those items mentioned as they are available in the many plugins out there.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:55 PM
lalomarquez

4 posts · Dec 2010
Thank you for your fast reply, Larry.

So, if I want a special content slider in my front page, or if I want some shortcuts added to the wysiwyg editor like, for example, a button for columns (one half, one half last, etc.), and the like, I have to find available plug-ins to install those functionalities?

It would be nice if ThemeFrame had a special section where one could add those functionalities so that the produced zip package was complete at the moment of install by an end user without having to download plug-ins after activating the theme.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It would be nice if all the functionality someone wants is built in but unfortunately that adds a lot of bloat to the package and you don't necessarily have the functionality the user wants. I like adding what I want via plugins and have the theme be the theme. For some end users who just want to put up a blog and not have to figure out what plugins to install that t might be a simpler way of going but Themeframe is really geared for those who want to build a custom site.

You can put together your own custom set of plugins and upload all at once instead of installing one at a time.