Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Add social icons to header

Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:05 PM
dingest

15 posts · Oct 2010
I would like to add social network icons to the header above my search box (top right)
digitalingest .com .

I would like to keep the rss, remove the email and add a Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook icons approximately the same size as the current rss feed button.

I have read a number of posts about adding a widget and css, but I haven't been able to make it work. Not sure I quit understand.

Any instructions would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
My quick reply is to perhaps wrap the social icon code in a div and add it to the Configure Header Area Box and then position and style with CSS but unless you know CSS that is probably not going to help much just as the idea of using a new widget area didn't help much.

So for starters how much do you know about WordPress in general and CSS? If not much you should probably take a look at w3schools.com and play around in the CSS section.

Maybe the best bet is to try and add a new widget area someplace according to the directions in that section of the theme option and post problems and questions you have with that process and we can go from there.