Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Forced update?

Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:06 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
Forced update?

I was working in one of my ATA sites (I have 7) today and out of the blue 6 out of 7 of those sites seemed to automatically update to the current version of ATA. (No, I don't update ATA because it's a pain transferring over theme options. It's easier to leave things alone.)

In a panic I called Bluehost and they were able to restore from the version that was on their servers at 2am this morning (although I do have my own backups to restore from).

I've checked the access logs and nothing seems fishy - at least that I can see. And the Bluehost tech couldn't see anything from their end, either.

Does anybody have any info on a forced update that came from ATA? This is the first time this has happened. And, yes, I've now changed passwords at Bluehost and the individual sites.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is nothing in the theme that can force an update
Old Apr 24, 2013, 06:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hmmm, someone else on BlueHost just reported the same thing happening
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...9755#post99755
Old Apr 24, 2013, 06:06 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
I had the same "auto update" on Bluehost too... A bit of a surprise, and yes I have to go through and change over the header and favicon - but with the new coding, that should be eliminated.

Any idea what Bluehost did to force the update?

Gail_NK
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:39 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
(followed up with a comment in that thread)

Bluehost is great, but they were very naughty to do an auto update of ATA without our consent! Despite this I've had great service with them.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:50 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
Well, I'm not sure what they're doing over at Bluehost, but my sites are all messed up again.

Is there any way a single version of ATA could be offered? Or at least one that doesn't send a notice to WP that a new version is available. Them maybe Bluehost would leave it alone.

I really don't want this to happen again. I'd hate to have to abandon ATA and create custom themes for all my sites. ATA is fabulous, but if a web host is able to go in and do an update without our consent or notification I'm going to have to find another theme