Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Known Issues with "Display Sidebar"?

Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:38 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Did a search for this... anyone else had this problem?

I've done the "static home page" with another page dedicated to "posts" (Wordpress "reading" function, I do most of my wordpress sites that way). Setup so my static home page shows up as "home" in the page navigation bar.

I have left & right bars in my theme; but the "Display Sidebar" for the left sidebar seems confused. I have it selected for front page only - won't display. I can get it to display elsewhere, but not on the home page (unless I check the "PAGE pages" checkbox).

I also notice that on any page, the "home" link in the page menu bar is the rollover/"you are here" color, so if you are on another page, the home link won't rollover - it's already "rolled" color wise.

I successfully placed a flash header and thought that might be the problem, so I went back to the untouched header.php - still no luck.

thing is, I recall the sidebar working before I added the flash.

And, finally - my static page title for the home page shows up as a page-bar menu item (along with a link for "home", even when I use "Home link in Page Menu Bar" with the word "home" - seems to me that the function of this setting is to override the page title of your home page? (I eliminated that by removing the page from navigation).

In short, seems like something's wonky with the home page (even though it does function as the home page)? I deleted my static home page, made another, re-assigned it, etc - still no left bar....

Hope this is something seen before - thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:39 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
PS - the URL:

http://havenwoodtexas.com/wordpress/
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:59 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Clarification on the "home" rollover - I'm only getting the rollover "you are here" state for the "home" link on the front page and on the posts page; as if wordpress thinks the "posts" page (named "specials" in this case) is also the home page?? Weird.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 03:10 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The sidebar issue is known and will be fixed in 3.3.3

For the Home button hover issue, see if it goes away if you edit bfa_header_config.php and change
PHP Code:
if (is_front_page() OR is_home()) { $page_menu_bar .= ' current_page_item'
to

PHP Code:
if (is_front_page() ) { $page_menu_bar .= ' current_page_item'
Old May 1, 2009, 08:08 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks Flynn - any idea when a fix will be out? Trying to decide to stick with this or work another theme for now - thanks.
Old May 1, 2009, 08:27 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Hi. Just FYI: on my MacBook Pro screen at 1440x900 resolution, your flash photos are very fuzzy and grainy. They might look fine at lower screen resolution, I guess.
Old May 1, 2009, 08:59 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks P - that's just a test header, client didn't believe this layout could be done in WP - I think you can still see the stock photo watermarks. (I think the header is too big anyway, but whadda I know??)

Trying to convince these guys to try wordpress - but the sidebar thing is killin' me!

This is more my style flash-wise - I could do this stuff all day.