Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to rename "Home" title in the home page instead setting NOT to display "home"?

Old Sep 26, 2010, 02:40 AM
akg

13 posts · Sep 2010
Hi All,

I just removed the "home" title from homepage following juggledad's comments in another thread. But there is a big "spacing" created between body and header, probably space left for the title? I found Flynn comments on some threads posted last year, and involved modifying index.php. Not sure whether it works for 3.5.3, because I didn't find the mentioned section in my index.php?

But my main issue is how to rename "home" title to something like "Welcome Home", so that I can still apply same formatting (color, background) to it as for all other the page/post titles.

http://isipservices.com/clients/nav/

Would appreciate your hint. Thanks!
Arun
Old Sep 26, 2010, 05:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you gone to ato->Menu 1 (Page Menu) and changed the name there?

In wordpress the HOME page is considered to be the page that the blog posts are shown on. However you can create a page called HOME to muddy the waters. Atahualpa let's you rename the HOME page (used for the posts) to something else ( the option pointed to above) and if you created a page called HOME you can always change the title of it.

I hope this helps a little, it can be confusing.

Oh...then there is the new menu option in WordPress that has more features...
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:32 AM
akg

13 posts · Sep 2010
Thank you juggledad.

Actually, I have used wp to create "home" page which doesn't seem to have option to change the name of title.

..new menu option in WordPress...

I am using wp 3.0.1, shed me some light if I am missing something here.

-Arun
Old Sep 27, 2010, 05:14 AM
akg

13 posts · Sep 2010
...if you created a page called HOME you can always change the title of it...

I want to keep "HOME" in the menu bar, but just change the page title "HOME" to something else ("WELCOME")!

Hope I made it clearer now.

-Arun
Old Sep 27, 2010, 05:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ok, let me see if I can be clearer.

The WordPress setting 'dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays' determines what the landing page (the page you see when you enter www.mydonmain.com) shows up.

If you have it set to 'Your latest posts' then WordPress generates a page of your posts. This 'page' is not a page you have defined, it is automatic. Atahualpa (when you are NOT using the new WordPress menus) will create a menubar and depending on what you put in the option 'ato->MENU 1 (Page Menu)->Home link in Page Menu Bar' Atahualpa will display that title in the menubar as a link to your latest posts...your ;landing page'

Now if you changed 'dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays' to 'A Static Page' and you select a page you have created as the front page, that page name will show up in the menubar. If you have something entered in the option 'ato->MENU 1 (Page Menu)->Home link in Page Menu Bar' Atahualpa will display that title in addition to the actual page title. You can get rid of this title Atahualpa generates for you by just clearing out the option

I hope this makes a 'somewhat confusing concept' a little clearer.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:21 AM
akg

13 posts · Sep 2010
Thank you Paul.

Looks like I am not yet clear enough here!

Refering to your reply, I have chosen the second option (static page, front page to "home" page created by myself, and kept empty in ato->menu 1-> 'Home link in Page Menu Bar' field).

Now the website looks like http://isipservices.com/clients/nav/ with 'home' as page title (in red background).

What I want to do is to change 'home' to 'welcome to nav website'.

-Arun
PS: Now I have set to display 'page title' in the home page as well.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you are using the WP Menu system see this screenshot.
If you are using the Atahualpa native menu system see this screenshot.