Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Help: Did I just delete my home page?!

Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:51 AM
andrew_k

6 posts · Mar 2011
Help: Did I just delete my home page?!

Hi people,

THE PROBLEM:
I have changed *something* !(?) and my home page now looks like this. [EDIT: the page has been fixed, here's what it looked like:

All that's left is the menu bar and one category/page?! Whilst the posts are still there ('edit' shows the content is there), when I click on 'preview', I get the screen above!

POSSIBLE CULPRITS:
The only other thing I changed was that I recall making a new page called 'home' (trying to make the front page static, and following a tutorial), and at one point I changed Settings->Reading-> Front page displays to 'static post' - and I fear (newbie guesswork) this may have deleted the previous atahualpa 'home' page (the one with the header, info etc etc ). In the admin panel I can see the posts are still there, and everything seems normal - EXCEPT that in Settings-> General, the 'site title' and 'tagline' fields are now blank...

I also remember deleting some unused pages earlier, but I don't recall 'home' being one of them.

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR TO TRY TO FIX:
I tried restoring the deleted pages them from trash, but it made no difference.
I tried tools->import-> wordpress; and importing a recent save (xml file), but it made no difference. I'm new to WP, atahualpa, and php, and don't know what to do!

DID I SEARCH THROUGH BYTESFORALL, AND THE FAQS?
Yes, I did, but most similar problems were either related to an atahualpa update, or the persons page was completely blank; mine is not blank, the menu is bar there, with the sole 'home' category.

please advise

thanks

Andrew K
ps. FWIW: I'm using:
WordPress 3.0.5
Atahualpa 3.4.9
Plug ins:
Categories to Tags Converter Importer
Hello Dolly
Menu Manager
Thumbnail For Excerpts
WordPress Importer
WP Post Thumbnail

Last edited by andrew_k; Mar 4, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Start off by going to the dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays and set it to 'Your latest posts'
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:44 AM
andrew_k

6 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Start off by going to the dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays and set it to 'Your latest posts'
Hi Juggledad.

Thanks for the insanely fast response (!).

Yes, I did revert dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays to 'Your latest posts' earlier, no difference.

standing by, fingers crossed..

Andrew
ps. I now recall that I removed the 'site title' and 'tagline' earlier from dashboard->settings->general a while ago, so that info (from my original post) is not relevant to this issue.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
odd, if you would like, send me a PM with an admin ID/pw and I'll poke around
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:01 AM
andrew_k

6 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
odd, if you would like, send me a PM with an admin ID/pw and I'll poke around
Thank you, will do!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, you are back up - I removed the %cats from the 'configure header area' option.
It looks like you may have deleted a category and that was messing things up. I replaced %cats with %pages

You should also set your permalinks back to what you want, I set them to default