Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to make posts appear on different pages (with comments ability)?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 22, 2009, 06:14 PM
JohnAtahualpa

5 posts · Jul 2009
How to make posts appear on different pages (with comments ability)?

I have just installed your beautiful theme "Atahualpa". It is really nice, practical and well done with a lot of features. However there are couple of things that I cannot resolve, so I am asking for help and advice.

1) I would like to be able put my posts on different PAGES (not only "Home") on the same way I can do it on "Home" page (with comments thread available after EACH post). Is it possible?

2) How I can LIMIT number of posts per page, so there would be at the bottom "older posts" arrow? Now, posts are going infinitely which I want to avoid at any cost, but don't know how?

3) I have trouble with fonts (old shortcoming of WordPress, though). With "Atahualpa" for example, Headline fonts at the "Home" page are different than at the other pages, and I coludn't change it no matter what. Also, font of the name of my website took the same font from "Home" Headlines, so I couldn'd change it as well. I tried everything, including deleting widgets and even re-instaling complete "Atahualpa" - nothing helped.

4) I have constantly error message at the bottom of browser screen (I am using IE 8): "Done, but with errors on page". It looks ugly and I couldnt get rid of it even after re-instaling site. I think your script is very "heavy" and very sensitive to any change (for example puting your ordinary and light widgets). I think it has inside some "caching" feature that prevents me to start with clean theme after re-installing. It always "remembers" previous set-up. From the other side, I think script "heaviness" is contributing to slower loading of whole site and pages.

I will appreciate any help and advices.

Thank you.