Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How do I add pages to my Atahualpa Left Sidebar?

Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:41 AM
Lasareath

7 posts · Feb 2010
Hello,

Is it possible to add the top pages to my left sidebar using Atahualpa

If it's here already i'm sorry I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Lasareath
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:16 AM
whitie

5 posts · Feb 2010
Hey Lasareath, I was looking at doing something like that just earlier today. I found this page particularily helpful:

http://green-beast.com/blog/?p=157

You would put a slightly varied version of that html/php code (no need for the rss stuff perhaps etc) in header.php just before here:

Code:
</td>
<!-- / Left Sidebar -->
just after

Code:
<?php endif; ?>
And then put the css stuff in ATO -> Add HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts.

Hope that helps!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:16 AM
Lasareath

7 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks!!! that was super easy.

now I just need to get rid of the:

Categories
No categories

Archives
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:20 AM
Lasareath

7 posts · Feb 2010
I got rid of those titles by removing this code:

<div class="widget widget_categories"><div class="widget-title">
<h3><?php _e('Categories','atahualpa'); ?></h3>
</div>
<ul><?php wp_list_categories('show_count=1&title_li='); ?></ul>
</div>

<div class="widget widget_archive"><div class="widget-title">
<h3><?php _e('Archives','atahualpa'); ?></h3>
</div>
<ul><?php wp_get_archives('type=monthly'); ?></ul>
</div>
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:29 AM
Lasareath

7 posts · Feb 2010
I got the code down to this and it works

<ul id="nav">
<?php if(is_home() && !is_paged()){ ?>
<li class="current_page_item">
</li>
<?php } else { ?>
<?php } ?>
<?php wp_list_pages('sort_column=menu_order&title_li='); ?>
</ul>

But it comes up with bullets, I wish I can get rid of the bullets and make the text left justified

Last edited by Lasareath; Feb 15, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:29 AM
Lasareath

7 posts · Feb 2010
I found this and it seems to be the correct thing but i don't know how to make it work

http://faq.wordpress.net/view.php?p=35
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the Category and Archives are part of the default widgets that WordPress adds if you don't have any widgets. The easiest way to get rid of them is to add a text widget but don't put anything in it.

did you ever think of just adding the 'Pages' widget to the sidebar instead of changing the code? If you don't like th e standard one, just do a google search for 'wordpress pages plugins' and you should find some with more controls.

This way you won't have changed the code so you won't have to document what you did and have to redo it when you upgrade the theme in the future. (you did plan on documenting the changes to the code...right?)
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:51 PM
Lasareath

7 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
the Category and Archives are part of the default widgets that WordPress adds if you don't have any widgets. The easiest way to get rid of them is to add a text widget but don't put anything in it.

did you ever think of just adding the 'Pages' widget to the sidebar instead of changing the code? If you don't like th e standard one, just do a google search for 'wordpress pages plugins' and you should find some with more controls.

This way you won't have changed the code so you won't have to document what you did and have to redo it when you upgrade the theme in the future. (you did plan on documenting the changes to the code...right?)

Thanks, I will do a search for 'wordpress pages plugins'

And Yes, I saved text files of everything I changed for the future.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:07 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
I use the flexipages widget. It's great. Then I use the My Page Order widget. It makes it very simple to use.