Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Adding a second author's byline (or collaborator) on a specific post

Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:17 PM
lascheratlarge

2 posts · Jul 2010
Hi,

First of all, thanks for this theme. I'm using atahualpa 3.5.2 with wordpress 3.0. For the most part it has been great and I've loved how customizable it is.

That said, I'm still learning some of the more technical aspects of working with my site, so some of my questions might be a tad remedial. Still, I've searched both this forum and the wider web for a solution to the following problem, so far to no avail that I seem capable of implementing.

Here's the situation in a nutshell: For nearly all of the posts on my site I'm the only one who needs to be listed on the byline. However, I'm about to post a major piece where I was the writer and collaborated with a photographer. She really deserves credit equal to mine. I'd like to have the byline on that post, and only that post, read something along the lines of "Words by me, photos by her."

One idea I had was to use the advice in this thread to remove the byline from that specific post and just put the byline at the top of the text itself (which, because of the nature of the post, might work well for styling purposes). However, I'd be happy to just have the two author sort of byline.

Frankly, I couldn't follow the advice in the thread I just linked to. I tried to, but I'm not sure completely clear where the PHP code goes. I attempted the post info items, but that didn't seem to make a difference. I could of course easily be missing something, but I'd love a fairly clear, step by step on this idea if someone has one.

Thanks. I'd be happy to answer any more specific questions.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The link thread you referred to was talking about adding that code to ATO>Style & edit CENTER COLUMN>The LOOP. If you don't feel comfortable tackling code I would just put another line in that post.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:27 PM
lascheratlarge

2 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks. I do feel comfortable adding code and that was a workable solution. I'm a bit embarrassed I missed the proper location; looking back at that original thread I see exactly where it said it.

This should work for me, but nonetheless I'd love to know if there's an easier way to accomplish in the future what I was trying to do with a second byline.

Anyhow, I appreciate your prompt help.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:47 AM
SEOserpent

1 posts · Aug 2010
You can try out this new custom author byline plugin > http://seoserpent.com/wordpress/custom-author-byline

It allows you to add custom text into the function that outputs the author name in your template, so you can just put "By me and her" or whatever and that's what'll show in place of your name.

Cheers.