Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to assign a unique color to widget-box title borders of a specific sidebar?

Old Aug 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
wordy_gurdy

6 posts · Aug 2010
All of my widget-box titles currently have a border-bottom (underline) color of gray, in every sidebar, but I would like to change the border-bottom color of the inner-right sidebar widget-box titles to a different color; however, there doesn't seem to be an option for that in the Atahualpa theme panel--only for assigning unique colors to sidebar borders and links. How do I assign unique colors to widget-box title borders based on the sidebars (in this case, the inner-right sidebar)? Basically, I would like for all of the border-bottoms of the widget-box titles in the inner-right sidebar to be a color of my choosing. An example would be this website's sidebar-title borders; theirs are one color on the right but a different color on the left: http://www.guardian.co.uk/

Thanks,
Rachel
Old Aug 9, 2010, 01:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Sorry... this is a forum for the Atahualpa theme.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 01:25 PM
wordy_gurdy

6 posts · Aug 2010
Did you read my POST or just follow the link??? My theme IS the Atahualpa theme. The link I provided is an EXAMPLE of what I'm trying to do with my widget-box title border that is sidebar-specific to the Atahualpa theme, which is why I posted this question in the Atahualpa theme sidebars/widgets forum, lol....

Rachel

Last edited by wordy_gurdy; Aug 9, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 01:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you post a thread, it is very helpful to post the version of Atahualpa and Wordpress you are using along with the URL of your site. With the volume of questions that come in, the easier you make it for someone to help you, the sooner you will be helped.

The theme's author (Flynn) and the moderators do not get paid for answering questions. Many people appreciate our help and give donations to keep us answering questions, but the more info you provide, the less time we waste. The less time we waste, the more people we can help.

As you have noted, Atahualpa does not provide a place to handle every conceivable CSS setting that is possible. HOWEVER, it does give you a CSS Inserts option where you can code CSS Selectors and rules to address any situation that is unique to your site. A great reference for CSS can be found at http://w3schools.com/css
Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:00 PM
wordy_gurdy

6 posts · Aug 2010
Give me a break! OBVIOUSLY I wouldn't have posted the question here IF my theme was something entirely different, as the other "moderator: ASSumed! Your Moderator should have taken the time to READ the post. And if you want money before you answer questions: simply ASK, or don't reply to questions! But don't PROVIDE a forum for users who dare use your FREE theme to ask questions and then beat them over the head for actually using the theme and having the AUDACITY to ask questions about HOW to use it!

Your Moderator SHOULD HAVE READ THE POST BEFORE GIVING AN "I DON'T THINK BEFORE I SPEAK" REPLY!

And I was TESTING the theme to see IF I would use it later. I'm not NOT using it! I use THESIS! And I have absolutely NO desire to keep testing this theme. Good day! I'll send you some shekels for your precious time---but WHY would I PAY someone to be RUDE!!! So I won't....

gush shalom
Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm sorry for not thoroughly reading your post wordy_gurdy. We get a lot of posts so I often skim the questions which I did in your case and saw at the beginning that you wanted to change the border bottom color and then saw the link and indeed did assume it was a link to your site. From time to time we get posts from people who are using a different WordPress theme and maybe not even using WordPress at all.

I am sorry if I came off as "rude"