Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Sidebar repeating background image

Old May 15, 2009, 05:20 PM
JCCrgb

8 posts · May 2009
I am trying to insert a repeatable jpeg as a background image for the left sidebar. How can I insert it? Would it help to convert to another format?

Thnx, JC
Old May 16, 2009, 07:07 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
jpeg should be fine

td#left {
background: url(/path/to/image.jpg);
}
Old May 17, 2009, 11:10 AM
JCCrgb

8 posts · May 2009
Thnx. I have tried it but can't seem to get it to work. I am assuming this goes into the style.css under left sidebar. I am running WAMP to work on it off line. Could this be part of the issue or I am in the wrong ballpark?

It looks like this:
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------
---------- LEFT SIDEBAR ---------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------ */

td#left {
vertical-align: top;
background: url(/localhost/web/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahaulpa3/images/Roadstripe3-226w.jpg);
/* more ... */
}

Again, thanks for the help!

JC
Old May 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Remove the red part, perhaps /web too, depends on where your WP installation is located at. And you should put this in HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts, instead of manually editing style.css

background: url(/localhost/web/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahaulpa3/images/Roadstripe3-226w.jpg);
Old May 17, 2009, 08:31 PM
JCCrgb

8 posts · May 2009
I got it! Thanks!

JC