Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Question about CSS ID for top border of page menu bar buttons

Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:49 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I would appreciate any help in identifying the correct CSS I need.

As you can see in the picture below (and on the live site under construction):

There are bars above the page menu bar buttons that I cannot seem to correctly address with CSS. I'm not sure whether I want to make the bars transparent or illuminate a certain color -- although I think can figure out that part of the CSS for myself.

My problem is figuring out just what CSS ID I need to address those bars.

I've tried

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active {
border: solid 0px transparent !important;
}

and I've also tried addressing ul.rMenu li and many others yet I can't seem to change those bars.

Any help is appreciated!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 01:30 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
Check out Flynn's second post in this thread - maybe it's a padding issue..have to run but if the thread is still open tonight I'll take another look - I've been doing a lot of work with the page menu bar the last couple of days and may be able to help..

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...=menu+bar+size

Thomas
Old Jun 5, 2010, 02:02 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Thanks for the lead Thomas, I will play with the padding and see if that helps.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 05:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This has to do with a couple ao thinge
1) the div#menu1 size, border and background color
2) the div#menu1 ul li size, border and background color and
3) the
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
	 border:none !important;
/* for IE */
  filter:alpha(opacity=20);
  /* CSS3 standard */
  opacity:0.2;
}
that you have added
I did a little playing with it, but this, espically with the opacity, but could not come up with a quick solution. I suggest you view a page, view the source, copy it to a text document and save it as 'menu.html' then display that page in your browser.

You can now tinker with the html and just do a browser refresh till you get it right, then figure out where to put the changes in Atahualpa
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:15 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Thanks everyone, I kept playing with the CSS and finally found the look I desired.