Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Post title styling not working.

Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:16 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Send a message via ICQ to Paleo Pat Send a message via AIM to Paleo Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Paleo Pat
I used to be able to change the font color and add italics to posts.

I did something to make it where the actual HTML markup is displayed, instead of the styling.

An Example is here:

http://www.politicalbyline.com/2009/09/19/this-i-cannot-defend/

What do I do fix this? or is it a bug in the theme?

Anyone know if it's a setting?

P.S It used to work fine. But I think either changed a setting or something in the theme changed.

HELP!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa?
if you are on 3.4.x. what are you putting in the Atahualpa Post Options on the Edit Posts page of the wordpress dashboard
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:54 AM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Send a message via ICQ to Paleo Pat Send a message via AIM to Paleo Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Paleo Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What version of Atahualpa?
if you are on 3.4.x. what are you putting in the Atahualpa Post Options on the Edit Posts page of the wordpress dashboard
Latest version 3.4.4. I tried clearing out that post options thing and resaving, it's still not doing right. It's a bug. It worked fine before. Now it's showing the code instead of the styling. If this isn't fixed soon, I might have to dump the theme. Geez.... Why can't people code stuff RIGHT in the first place??!?!?!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 08:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmmm this seems to be related to the new Atahualpa Post Options. I'll try to take a look at the code
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Quote:
Hmmm this seems to be related to the new Atahualpa Post Options. I'll try to take a look at the code
Okay thanks.... Like I said, it worked before. Now it's not. Funny thing is, I have a "Related Posts" plug in, and it displays fine with that. So, I dunno.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Did it work before you moved to your current Atahualpa release. It could be that if this was set on a old post, it could have worked tioll you updated the post when the new Atahualpa Post options would kick in..

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 19, 2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:54 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Quote:
Did it work before you moved to your current Atahualpa release. It could be that if htis was set on a old post, it could have worked tioll you updated the post when the new Atahualpa Post options would kick in..
I was not working, before I updated the post. It stopped displaying properly after I upgraded to the new version.

Please, fix it.

Last edited by Paleo Pat; Oct 19, 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: fixed typo....
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:36 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
So, did you find anything out?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Um no, I haven't even looked. I do this on a volunteer basis. While some people will give me a donation no one is paying me (unless you would like to ) So I get to things as my life allows and today has been a busy day.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
in 3.4.4 edit bfa_post_parts.php and change line 55 from
HTML Code:
			<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php 
to
HTML Code:
			<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php 
Old Oct 20, 2009, 03:45 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Quote:
in 3.4.4 edit bfa_post_parts.php and change line 55 from
HTML Code:
			<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php 
to
HTML Code:
			<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php 
FTP'ed said file, made the said change in the code, ftp'ed it back, cleared my cache and it still is not displaying properly. It is still displaying the code, instead of the styling changes in color and so on.

So, it's still broke. Hopefully when the owner of this theme comes back, he can tell me what possibly happened and why it is not working anymore.

Meanwhile, I will be looking around for another theme. I just cannot have something breaking like this. I run a high traffic production Blog and I just cannot have stuff like this breaking. Sorry to be an ass about it. But I just need reliability; and this theme just isn't providing that.

Thanks,

-Pat
Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try adding the fix in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3964
Old Oct 22, 2009, 02:26 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Quote:
I think it's a setting somewhere, but I cannot figure out what it is.... I guess I'll have to wait till the man that wrote the thing gets back.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:30 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
FOUND IT!

It was this setting here: HEADLINE Box: Text

I had put a size in there and it was causing the text styling not to come through, removed the size spec I had in there and my red text came back, as did the other stuff.

WHEW!