Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Mobile friendly mode - black space added

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 13, 2019, 09:05 AM
Paul Gingell

10 posts · Nov 2012
England
Mobile friendly mode - black space added

My site is cumbria-stone-walling.co.uk.

I've used juggledad's responsive solution to reposition the right sidebar, plus a host of other @media instructions. So far I've only finished coding for small screens in portrait mode, but the plan is to have code for a range of sizes in both portrait and landscape mode.

Code:
@media only screen and (max-width: 700px) and (orientation: portrait) { }
@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) and (min-width: 701px) { }
@media only screen and (max-width: 960px) and (orientation: landscape) { }
Problem
I've got a black bar which appears on my iPhone4s between the footer and the bottom of the responsively repositioned sidebar (see attachment). That shouldn't be there. In addition, I'd like to add some space below the box which reads "Contact..." (which is td#right), so that it looks like attachment 2 - which I made up in photoshop.

The green background is given by:

Code:
#bodyrow {
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 110px #9CA28B inset;
    background-color: #AEB49B;
}
As things are, td#right seems to be stuck to the bottom of td#middle or #bodyrow, and adding margin-bottom to create that space doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone4s-black-space-footer.jpg
Views:	1579
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2816  Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone4s-black-space-footerMockup.jpg
Views:	1560
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	2817  
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-cumbria-stone-wallingcouk-20190113.txt (50.1 KB, 1411 views)