Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa 3.7.12 site logo missing on clean install

Old May 10, 2013, 02:18 AM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Atahualpa 3.7.12 site logo and favicon missing on clean install

There's are a couple little bugs related to the new image directory options in 3.7.12 for users who freshly install atahualpa, or reset all settings to defaults. The site logo and fav-icon get incorrect paths if 'ata_images_dir' hasn't been written to the database yet. Easy fixes:

bfa_header_config.php

Change lines 154-155 from this:
Code:
$img_folder = 'ata-images';  
$imgdir  = content_url() . '/ata-images/';
to this:
Code:
$imgdir  = get_template_directory_uri() . '/images/';
header.php

Change lines 48 from this:
Code:
$imgdir  = content_url() . '/ata-images/';
to this:
Code:
$imgdir  = get_template_directory_uri() . '/images/favicon/';

Last edited by mdmower; May 16, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old May 10, 2013, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That will break the new functionality. All you need do is go to ato->New Image Locations and press the 'Save Changes' button.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:40 AM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
That will break the new functionality. All you need do is go to ato->New Image Locations and press the 'Save Changes' button.
I think you're speaking before testing. I see no breaking of functionality.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The idea of the new functionality is to allow you to have the images outside of the template directory.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:39 AM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
The idea of the new functionality is to allow you to have the images outside of the template directory.
Yep... and I'm not breaking this ability.
Old May 16, 2013, 06:43 PM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
I updated the first post to reflect that the same problem affects favicons. Before you guys dismiss this suggestion -- as seems to be the case considering earlier responses -- can you actually pull up the code and take a look? Consider the if statements around the code I'm suggesting should be changed:
Code:
if( !isset($bfa_ata['ata_images_dir']) OR ($bfa_ata['ata_images_dir'] == '') )
In 3.7.12, the code that runs if the above is satisfied is $imgdir = content_url() . '/ata-images/';. There are two problems here:
  1. /ata-images/ is hard-coded (must be left-over from an earlier version of this functionality)
  2. content_url() should NOT be the path called when $bfa_ata['ata_images_dir'] is unset/empty
The else statement below this correctly captures user-specified directories.

Last edited by lmilesw; May 16, 2013 at 07:07 PM.