Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Custom Header for Sidebar titles

Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:46 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Help Custom Header for Sidebar titles

Is there a way to add a custom image to the sidebar titles? I've done a workaround, which is adding a text widget with the image but eventually that creates problems. (between IE & Firefox) Just to give you an idea of what I mean you can go to the site which is still under major construction.
Sandy's Test site

I'm not a coder which is why I'm falling in love with this theme. This is just my 2nd site using it but I learn more each time. This is version 3.4.1
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:09 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
I just notice a couple of posts that may ansdwer my question. I'm giving them a look now but feel free to answer anyway.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:39 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can turn off the title text with

div.widget-title h3 {
display:none;
}

and put a background image on the parent container

div.widget-title {
background: url(/path/to/image.gif) center left;
}

See http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp for positioning the image

Different images per widget

div#widget-id-name div.widget-title {
background: url(path/to/image.gif) center left;
}
div#other-widget-id-name div.widget-title {
background: url(path/to/other-image.gif) center left;
}
div#third-widget-id-name div.widget-title {
background: url(path/to/third-image.gif) center left;
}

or

div.widget-class-name div.widget-title {
background: url(path/to/image.gif) center left;
}
div.other-widget-class-name div.widget-title {
background: url(path/to/other-image.gif) center left;
}
div.third-widget-class-name div.widget-title {
background: url(path/to/third-image.gif) center left;
}
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:55 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Thanks, I will give this a try since the way I'm doing it seem to mess things up in Firefox.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 05:14 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Still having custom title problems on sidebar

Hi,

I'm back to this issue because first, I know I need to do it the right way. Secondly, I think that doing the way I've been doing it, with customer images is messing up my Widget Contect plugin. If I undersatnd correctly, if I want a different image for each header I would put in

This is what I've entered to test and nothing happens. It should show up as a custom header (background only at this point. I get the test word in the widget but no header. I know it is something simple that I'm missing.

div.widget-title h3 {
display:none;
}

div#id="text-41" class="widget_text"><div class="widget-title{
background: url(/sandygluckman/wp-content/themes/atahualpa34/images/zebra_header.gif) center left;
}

How do I deal with the flexi-page widget titles? Same thing, just use the flexipage ID?

It seems it might be easier just to change the style of the container of the widget title box? I can then style the lettering within, right? That way, all title boxes on the sidbar would be the same and I just have to type the name of the text widget in it.

I can't find the other posts that were disucssing this or at least I thought they were.

This is such a great theme. I'm so much further along now than I would have been without it. Thx for a great theme because it also creates a great learning environment.

Last edited by sleenie; Aug 2, 2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Forgot title
Old Aug 3, 2009, 07:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
your ccss insert is formated incorrectly you need to use
HTML Code:
div#text-41 {
background: url(/sandygluckman/wp-content/themes/atahualpa34/images/zebra_header.gif) center left;
}
Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:47 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Thanks. (Can you tell I don't code?) I was trying to change the title box only however, your information gave me what I needed to undersatnd the rest. I just need to do some tweaking.

Again thanks so much for your assistance.