Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Just above the footer

Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:04 AM
Obi

22 posts · Aug 2010
[SOLVED] Just above the footer

Hi,

I would like to add a frame containing a disclaimer, right above the footer and be able to control the text and background color. I would also like to control which pages it is visible on.

Would appreciate your help with this.

~ Obi
Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Real quick answer...
  • Add a new widget area above the footer
  • Add a text widget with the disclaimer to the new widget area
  • Add the Display Widgets plugin
  • Set the widget to only show on the pages you want with the controls the Display Widgets gives you.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:20 PM
Obi

22 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you lmilesw for your answer.
I am a complete novice with WP and Atahualpa and would appreciate some detail as to how exactly to perform these four steps.

Many thanks

~ Obi
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you are totally unfamiliar with WordPress and Atahualpa these instructions may still seem too complex. You really should spend some time just playing with some of the settings to see what they do and to become familiar with the theme options. That said here you go.
  • Install Display Widgets
  • Look in ATO>Add New Widget Areas. Copy the code for the most basic widget area
    HTML Code:
    <?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>
  • Go to ATO>Style & edit FOOTER and paste the code you just copied above anything else in the Footer:Content box
  • View the site and refresh a couple of times
  • Go to Appearance>Widgets and add a text widget to the new widget area
  • Add the disclaimer text and set the widget to display on the pages you wish with the check boxes on the widget.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:39 PM
Obi

22 posts · Aug 2010
lmilesw,

Your patience is much appreciated. I did as per your instructions and all works fine.

I'd appreciate if you could also tell me how to change the font (type and size), text and background color, just on the disclaimer portion of the footer, without affecting that of the original footer.

Many thanks.

~ Obi
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If your new widget area is My new widget area then you would use an id of my_new_widget_area so your selector would be
#my_new_widget_area. You would add the CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts. Something like the following changing the items as you wish.
HTML Code:
#my_new_widget_area {
background-color: #ffffff;
font-size: 24px;
font-family: Tahoma serif;
}