Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Creating a Category Page

Old May 28, 2009, 11:19 PM
jmek

3 posts · May 2009
I'm new to Atahualpa and its single index.php template. I see references throughout the forum regarding category pages and archive pages, but I don't see how you create them in the first place. Very simply, how do I create a page that lists all recent posts in a particular category? Ideally, I'd like to have static text at the top, followed by a list of post titles or titles and descriptions. In other themes I've just popped some PHP code into the Page's text box, but that doesn't seem to work here.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:42 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
surf on over to codeplex at wordpress.org and review the documentation there. They tell you how in step-by-step fashion how to do this. Basically, you copy the them index.php, rename it category-xx.php, edit the code above the loop (explained at Wordpress documentation) and copy the new file to your theme directory.

Good luck and enjoy working with Worpress and Atahualpa
Old May 29, 2009, 02:44 PM
jmek

3 posts · May 2009
Thanks, that worked!

jmek