Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Editor recommendations?

Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:21 PM
pierrebk4

9 posts · Jan 2011
Greetings all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for an editor where you can type, and insert stuff, and have it appear a bit like it does when published?

I finally gave up on the WP editor, and am currently struggling with CKEditor. I'm spending way to much time in the html window, only to have it mostly stripped out by the editor.

Surely there's a wysiwyg editor out there somewhere?!? And yes I have investigated different plugins.

Thanks for any advise

Loren
Old Feb 4, 2011, 09:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Many of us spend a lot of time in the html window. There is not really a way around it IMHO. I use WP Super Edit to add functionality but what using the WYSIWYG editor means is to know its quirks and limitations and understand html enough to "fix" issues.

Other than that you would have to add a plugin that prevents html from being stripped from posts and pages (I think there are some). Then get a stand alone WYSIWYG html editor to create the html and paste it into the html window. For my money it is easier to learn the way the editor works.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 01:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I will STB. This could come in handy for some of my clients.