Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Space between page menu items

Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:20 PM
nymana

5 posts · Jul 2009
Dear BFA

I would like to add a white space on the left and right of my page menu bar items in my header.
For some reason have tried to add custom CSS but it does not work?

Look at URL http::"nyman.georgerushby.com" and remove the " on each side
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you mean you want more space between the menu items, see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...1187#post11187 post #10
Old Jul 26, 2009, 08:26 AM
zagato

4 posts · Jul 2009
Maybe nymana wants to have the menu items separated like the gray ones on http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/

I would also be interested how to do it.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 06:15 PM
nymana

5 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Juggledad

thanks for the response but that seems to simply make the buttons bigger. I want to simply create a 4px gap between menu bar items on left and right. My header background is white so want white space between buttons
Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the first number is the height of the menubar, the second is the with of the menu item.

Lets say the menu background will be green. Are you saying you want a menu tab that is green, then a 4 px white space then another menu tab that is green then a 4px white space etc?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:08 AM
nymana

5 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Juggledad

Exactly that. The buttons are blue, white background and want 4px white space between tabs.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well, since you have a white border arround the menu tabs, you could set the right and left widths to 2px each - for the page menu try this
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active
    {
     border-left-width:2px;
     border-right-width:2px;
    }
and for the category menu try this
HTML Code:
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:link, 
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:hover, 
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:visited, 
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:active
    {
     border-left-width:2px;
     border-right-width:2px;
    }
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:42 AM
nymana

5 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Juggledad

Thank you so much. figured that out perfectly. Now struggling to change the hover font colour in centred menu bar in sub-sub menu from black to white

Also when mousing over the sub menu the parent text reverts back to the default colour and not hover color of the parent menu.

Any help appreciated