Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Pre-filling the search box

Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:11 AM
interage

98 posts · Apr 2009
Pre-filling the search box

Hey folks.

Have a client asking if we can put the word "search" into the search box.

Found this, but it doesn't exactly match the searchform php file, and I'd prefer not to screw it up!

http://webrowsales.com/blog/tag/pref...n-input-field/

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The search box that can be enabled in the header has a box for typing any text you want in the theme options. If you are talking about the sidebar widget I believe there are search plugins that have that capability.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:03 PM
interage

98 posts · Apr 2009
Hey Larry!

Nope - unless you know of one, I haven't found one yet. And I looked.

It's OK. They decided to lose the search.

Best,

m